Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Harvesting Metadata with MarcEdit Harvester

Last week, I got a chance to harvest some Dublin Core records from DSpace, which is our institutional repository. When the process have gone for 15 seconds, MarcEdit Harvester stopped. I wonder whether DSpace OAI-PMH setup is compilable with MarcEdit Harvester. As far as I know, except Oregon State University Library, I haven't heard that any institutions have successfully harvested metadata with MarcEdit.

It might need more customizations to comply with local needs. I hope I could hear more from other institutions which directly use MarcEdit to harvest metadata. Some commercial XML harvester software now are available. The function of editable configuration file makes the software very promising.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Randomly run into this post. If you haven't resolved the harvesting issue, here is WSU's experience for your reference:
http://soar.wichita.edu/dspace/handle/10057/1573
Thanks.