Sunday, September 28, 2008

Metadata Harvesting with MarcEdit

Last time, when I harvested DSpace metadata with MarcEdit, it only lasted around 3 minutes. From the test on yesterday, it went well even though I only did a small collection.

It is important to ensure consistent metadata and access to those digital collections, especially during the period of senior seminars. A simple and clear processing manual should be written to train staff or student assistants how to create metadata, publish theses and harvest metadata with MarcEdit. I am also interested in harvesting metadata with other software. I hope I can hear some good news from Claude in Montreal soon!

1 comment:

Alice said...

I am very interested in learning more about how this harvesting works. Are there step-by-step instructions available? I want to be able to somehow export the metadata in DSpace and convert it to MARC format so we may add records to our local OPAC.

a.platt [at] snhu.edu